Search IDX Listings by using an Advanced Interactive Map.
by Website Programmer
on Friday, April 13th, 2018 at 2:45pm.
When looking to fix up your home to close a real estate deal, there are a number of little things that make all the difference in the world. The goal is to add that additional “wow” factor that gives the buyer a major incentive to purchase the home.
1. The kitchen is one of the top reasons that people buy homes. People love to entertain, and they also love a place where the family can gather to eat family meals. There are inexpensive fixes that can include updating drawer and cabinet handles, and switching out light fixtures. Sellers can also re-stain their kitchen cabinets.
2. Families and individuals also spend a lot of time in the bathroom. Little fixes like replacing the toilet seat, exchanging sink and bathtub handles, replacing the flooring tile, or a new paint job can make a major impact in the buyer’s mind. Homeowners can accentuate smaller bathrooms with lighter colors or attractive stenciled patterns.
3. Give your carpets and floors a fresh cleaning. Homeowners can rent inexpensive carpet cleaning machines at their local grocery store. You can spruce up the home’s floors with low-cost vinyl. Area rugs, many inexpensive, can cover hardwood areas while adding texture and color. Rugs can also cover flooring blemishes.
4. Give your home’s walls a good cleaning. Clean walls can brighten the entire home and give it a fresh, inviting look. A new coat of paint and a few hours of manual labor can result in very little cost and time spent making the walls look bright and clean.
5. Replace light switches, socket covers, and plates. Over time, these items can yellow and look aged and beat up. Make sure that switches and covers match to give your home a coordinated look and feel. These items are often the least amount of money people spend on getting their home ready for a sale.
6. Repair your windows. Window s can allow in a great deal of light, or prevent light from beaming through. Sparkling windows, clean inside and out, can help make the most of available light. If the current windows are outdated, you can decide to replace them with new ones or not. New, attractive, curtains can make a house feel more like a home. Anyone with sewing machine talent should be able to come up with a few creative curtain ideas.
Additional things you can do, that will cost little money, include the following. Sweep up the outside of your home and buy a welcoming mat for the front door. The front door entry light should be clean, well lit, and secured tightly. Pulling weeds will require a little work, but it will be effort well spent. Large, bare spots in the grass can kill a sale.
Put down a little seed mix and make sure that it blends in with the other grass. Finally, remove any personal items or pictures from the home when showing your home. You want people to envision their own presence and not yours. Decorate with attractive flowers, but do not overdo it.